Boniface somnambule is a French film realized by Maurice Labro, release in 1951.
♦ Synopsis :
Irreproachable detective to stores "Berthès" and specially to beam jeweller's shop, Victor Boniface sleepwalks. What leads it to conceal the night what it so brilliantly supervises the day. It through will lead it to make stop three gangsters heroically : Charlie, Rene and their accomplice, who had located it and misused his credulity. Miss Thomas, under director of the jewellery will entrust her heart to him and will also become the mother of her many children who will be, them, sleepwalkers.
♦ Specification sheet :
- Original title : Boniface somnambule
- Realization : Maurice Labro
- Scenario, Adaptation : Gérard Cartier
- Dialogue : Jean Manse
- Production assistant : Denys De La Patellière
- Images : Pierre Levent
- Operator : Albert Militon
- Music : Louiguy
- Song : "Partons tous les deux (Aux îles Marquises)" of Jean manse, sung by Elyane Dorsey and Fernandel (Editions musical Hortensia)
- Decorations : Paul-Louis Boutié, assisted of Claude Killian
- Editing : Germaine Fouquet
- Sound : Raymond Gauguier
- Make-up : René Daudin
- Photographer : Guy André
- Script-girl : Odette Lemarchand
- General manager : Louis Manella
- Manager interior designer : René Turbeau
- Shooting : from November 20th till December 23rd, 1950 in the studios "Studio radio Cinéma"
- Jewels of Burma
- Format : Film 35mm, black and white
- Recording sound S.E.C Western Electric - laboratory Lianofilm
- Production : French Society of Cinematography - Sirius Films (France)
- Leader of production : Roger Ribadeau-Dumas
- Director of production : Roger de Broin
- Producer's assistant : Mireille de Tissot
- Distribution : Sirius Films
- First presentation : France : August 3rd, 1951
- Duration : 89 minutes
- Genre : Comedy
♦ Distribution :
- Louis de Funès : Anatole, the suspicious husband of "Grand Hôtel"
- Fernandel : Victor Boniface the supervisor detective of stores "Berthès"
- Yves Deniaud : René, a gangster
- Andrex : Charlie, the leader of the band
- Gaby Andreu : Stella Grazzini, the star singer of "Tabarin"
- André Roanne : Louis, the thief of lighter in the store
- Mathilde Casadesus : Mlle Thomas, the assistant of stores "Berthès"
- Michel Ardan : The third gangster
- Raoul Marco : The director of stores "Berthès"
- Julien Maffre : Victor, the night watchman of stores "Berthès"
- André Numès son : Jules, the servant of "Grand Hôtel"
- Rivers Cadet : The inspector Jean Benoît, of the flying
- Nadine Tallier : Ginette, a saleswoman of stores "Berthès"
- Léo Campion : Jérôme, The director of "Grand Hôtel"
- Simone Silva : Louise
- Huguette Montréal
- Nicole Lemaire
- Lilian Carpentier
- Christiane Richard
- Luce Huet
- Liliane Barrial
- Eliane Corteyn