Marqué par la haine is an American film realized by Robert Wise, release in 1956.
Personal comments : Louis de Funès is not marked in the credits, he does not appears of the film but, he doubles the voice of the American actor, Everett Sloane.
♦ Synopsis :
Rocky Barbella (Paul Newman) grows in New York at the end of 1940s, within petty criminals' band. After his military service, he integrates the room of a manager of boxing (Everett Sloane) and climbs gradually all the levels until become a world champion under the name of Rocky Graziano.
♦ Specification sheet :
- Title : Marqué par la haine
- Original title : Somebody Up There Likes Me
- Realization : Robert Wise
- Producer : Charles Schnee
- Scenario : Ernest Lehman
- Photography : Joseph Ruttenberg
- Decorations : Edwin B. Willis & Keogh Gleason
- Music : Bronislau Kaper
- Editing : Albert Akst
- Production company : Metro Goldwyn Mayer
- Country of origin : The United States
- Format : Black and White - 1,33:1 - 35 mm
- Genre : drama
- Duration : 113 minutes
- Date exit :
- July 3rd, 1956 in United States
- February 14th, 1957 in France
♦ Distribution :
♦ Around the film :
- Paul Newman is called to replace James Dean, died accidentally a few months before the beginning of the shooting.
- Steve McQueen's first and brief appearance in a Hollywood movie.